Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fringed greek chic leather necklace.

Hello friends!
I am very excited because we have a new superb material in the shop: greek leather cord! I couldn't wait to make something with it. And maybe we are just getting into spring but I came up with this greek chic necklace that totally shouts "summer!".







What I used:
50cm of 3.5mm greek leather cord.
1.80m of 1.5mm greek leather cord cut into pieces of 30cm






6 8mm enamel ceramic beads
6 small tube ceramic beads


2 5mm cord ends, 2 jump rings, 1 lobster clasp and glue




How I did it : 

I took every piece of the fine leather cord, folded it in half and tied it on the thick cord the way you see in the pictures. 




I tied a tube bead in one side and a round enamel bead on the other side.




I continued doing the same for all the pieces of 1.5mm leather cord. Needless to say that you may make the beaded fringe as long or as dense as you like.

After I made sure the knots were very tight I used a pair of scissors to trim the tips of the leather close to the knots.








I glued the ends of the thick leather cord into the cord ends and attached the jump rings and lobster clasps with pliers.




That was all! My boho style, summery necklace was ready! Easy, don't you think?








Did you like this tutorial? Subscribe to our newsletter and make sure you don't miss any of the ones that will follow, plus you will get 10% off your first purchase of O & N craft supplies. 


10 comments:

Star of the East said...

What a lovely necklace!

Andreea Radu said...

Looks beautiful! It goes well with spring indeed. :)

Anna - Ylleanna said...

Very beautiful!

the Blue Rabbit House. said...

Such a wonderful tutorial! It's so sunny outside today, so this fits perfectly. :)

Nyuta said...

Will b great in Summer!

Stephanie Kilgast said...

Easy but effective tutorial!
And such a lovely necklace :)

Margarita Georgiou said...

Amazing tutorial! Καταπληκτικό!

Dina Fragola said...

This is lovely and super trendy too!

Tina Lindholm Kanerva said...

The necklace looks great! I love the brown and the blue together!

AToM said...

It looks great! I love the look of those lustre blue beads!